2 Days only! Saturday, April 28th and Sunday, April 29, 2018 9am - 3pm.
Our annual two-day metal cleanup event is the weekend before the Methow Trails Sunflower Marathon, and is located at Cascade Concrete, Horizon Flats Road, Winthrop.
Want to volunteer? Please visit our Volunteer Methow page and scroll down to the Metal Drive section. Sign up here.
What you can bring (If it's metal, we're interested!)
- Appliances - washers, dryers, pressure tanks are free
- Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners $20 purging fee for appliances that contain or once contained coolants
- Things with engines - old farm, garden, and lawn equipment. ALL fluids must have been properly drained prior to delivery. Also, remove as much plastic & rubber as possible.
- Wire, cable, pipe, chain - barbed wire (rolled up!), electrical wire, plumbing parts, logging cable & chain
- Scrap steel and iron - cast iron (porcelain enamel OK), miscellaneous metal, rusty stuff, bike frames, satellite dishes, old bed springs, etc.
- Non-ferrous metals - copper wire & pipe, aluminum doors & windows (NO GLASS!), aluminum wire, irrigation pipe & roofing, stainless steel
What can't you bring:
Things which aren't metal, would make a mess when crushed, or are dangerous. We reserve the option to reject any item. Please do NOT bring electronics, microwave ovens, closed containers or vehicles.
Want to try finding a new home for your stuff before bringing it to the metal drive?
Check out our Exchange It page.
Please support the metal drive!
The metal drive is a free service for the community but is not currently the fundraiser for our other programs it once was. If you value the metal drive and the work we do for the valley please consider making a donation when you come to the metal drive or from the comfort of your own home on GiveBIG day, May 9th, 2018. Details will be on our home page soon.
Please call Betsy at 509-997-0520 or email email@example.com or stop by Methow Recycles.
Thanks to our metal drive business sponsors!