Funded By You!
HOW IS METHOW RECYCLES SUPPORTED?
Our recycling program is entirely supported by fees paid by recyclers who can choose the option that best fits their situation:
- Pay-as-you go for self-hauled household recycling - $5/carload, $10/truckload. Special pricing for some electronics.
- Annual membership is a great way to prepay for self-hauled recycling.
- WasteWise offers curbside collection of household and business recycling. Subscription fees paid to WasteWise cover the cost of collection and recycling with Methow Recycles.
- Customized monthly billing and special hours are available for business recyclers. Contact us for more information about business recycling.
Everything else we do works a lot like public radio.
YOU are the most important part of how we do what we do here!
- Your gifts of general support fund all of our work beyond recycling - Take-It-or-Leave-It, Our Tool Library, Repair Cafes, Education, Community Outreach, and much more! You can do this with a one-time annual gift or by becoming a sustaining supporter with a recurring monthly gift.
- Donor-advised funds are popular tax-advantaged accounts which are a wonderful way to support our work. Learn more about Donor Advised Funds here.
- Workplace Giving and Employer Matches are a great way to extend your impact. We participate in a number of workplace giving programs, and many employers match their employees' giving. Yours may be one! Please check with us or with your employer to learn more.
- Securities and estate planning. Methow Recycles is here for future generations. If you would like to discuss a gift of securities or an investment in our work beyond your lifetime, please contact us.
Public and Private Grants. Grant funding can be very competitive, and rarely carries from year to year.
Sales. We sell all of the recycling we collect, though its value is unpredictable. We are working toward Take-it-or-Leave-it being increasingly funded by sales of high quality materials.
Methow Recycles' tax ID is 01-0741195.