Our programs have grown and so have the opportunities for volunteers to make a difference! Here's a partial list of the many types roles available to volunteers - please get in touch if one of these speaks to you!
At the center during our regular open hours:
- Recycling Center Greeter and Guide - help people!
- Take it or Leave it (Materials Reuse) - manage reusable stuff
- Recycling Baler - work with materials & equipment
- Tool Library - be a librarian for tools, help maintain tools
- Staff an activity/information tableFarmer's Markets, other community events
- Education events - where we focus on kids
- Event recycling - attend community events as a "goalie" for the waste/recycling stations
- Annual Metal Drive
- Repair Cafes - fixers and greeters needed
Odd jobs (mostly) on your schedule :
- Ambassador/Eco-leader - learn what we know to help your friends and neighbors
- Put up flyers for events like metal drive and repair cafes
- Adopt-a-highway litter cleanup (E. County Rd.)
- Office help - data entry, mailings, etc.
- Ad hoc projects - (weed whacking, spring cleaning, small construction, etc.)
Board and committees:
- Our 11 member board has openings for members most years due to term limits
- Finance Committee
- Development Committee
- Education Committee