Most of the photos you see on these pages are of our fabulous volunteers. Recycling in rural areas is a sketchier business proposition than in the cities, and wouldn't work without the help of volunteers. Volunteering with us is fun, physical, a great way to meet new friends, and visit with old ones. Come as little or as much as you like!
We have two kinds of volunteer jobs which appeal to different kinds of people:
- Working inside, baling materials is like the TV show "Dirty Jobs" meets the Fitness Center.
- Handle up to 8,000 lbs of cardboard in a single shift - we've got 70-80 year olds who do!
- Turn that big messy pile of boxes into nice neat blocks.
- Use our ultra-cool baler to crush everything we take except glass, electronics, and CFLs.
- Laugh, tell stories, enjoy occasional cookies, and a great sense of accomplishment.
- It'll help you limber up for ski season too!
- Working outside, helping recyclers sort their materials is less physical, but much more social. This person is the concierge of Methow Recycles.
- Greet your friends and neighbors as they come to recycle.
- Provide answers to the many questions we field - you'll become an expert!
- Help us provide a clean, friendly, and safe experience for our recycling friends.
Please visit our online calendar or call 997-0520 to join our family of wonderful people who make recycling possible in the Methow. We can't wait to play with you!