The Methow Valley's Material Exchange located at Methow Recycles in Twisp.
OPEN same hours as self-haul recycling: Thursday & Saturday, 10-4.
We are implementing new procedures to support social distancing and sanitizing. We appreciate your patience as we all adapt to our new procedures.
How it Works:
How to Take-It
- See something you want or need, take it! It’s that simple!
- Feel free to make a donation. your voluntary donations help support this program.
- Don’t see what you need? Post below, try the local “Buy-Sell-Trade” groups on Facebook, the methownet Bulletin Board, or ask staff for recommendations
How to Leave-It
We reserve the right to reject any item at any time
- Here, paying to get rid of your stuff keeps it out of the landfill!
- Check with staff before leaving anything - No Dumping Please
- Read through our lists below of what we do, and do not take
- If we can’t take what you have: post it on the physical bulletin board in the tent, try the local “Buy-Sell-Trade” groups on Facebook, the methownet Bulletin Board, and ask staff for recommendations
- We charge $5 for each 100 pounds – with a $5 minimum. That’s the same rate as throwing your stuff in the transfer station next door.
Must not be: bent, not working, missing pieces, dirty, stained, or chipped
- Working tools
- Book Cases, Storage Bins, and Buckets
- Light Fixtures – must have all of their parts
- New Electrical and Telecom Wire
- Sinks, Tubs/Showers – as space allows
- Plumbing Fixtures – must have all of their parts
- Pipe Fittings
- New Tile and Laminate
- Counter Top – at least 2 feet long and standard depth
- Usable Bags of Mortar, Stain, Concrete, etc.
- Bagged Packing Peanuts
- Usable Metal Items
- Ducting and Vents
- Usable Fencing & Fence Posts
- Linear goods: lumber, metal and plastic pipe – must be at least 2 feet long
- Sheet Goods: plywood, plexiglass – must be at least 1 foot square
- Siding/Roofing – must be at least 6 feet long
- Doors – frame or no frame
- Door Hardware – must have all of their parts
- Windows – must be double pane AND either vinyl or wood clad
- Hardware and Fasteners
Materials NOT Accepted
- No bent or broken items of any kind
- No dirty, stained, or cracked items of any kind
- No items missing pieces
- No Electronics
- No Furniture
- No Appliances
- No Window Blinds
- No Fluorescent Light Fixtures
- No Electric Heaters Including Baseboards
- No Toilets
- No Sporting Equipment
- No OSB, Particle Board, and MDF
- No TJIs
- No Empty Door Frames
- No Unframed Glass, and Single Pane and/or Aluminum Framed Windows
- No Soft Goods – Insulation, Sheetrock, Carpet/Carpet Pad, Upholstery/Fabric
- No Hazardous Materials, or Weapons